Friday, March 1, 2019

Casting, props and costumes

Casting, props and costumes

Casting-
I want my cast to be as diverse as possible, with there being a variety of different ethnicities. I have two female friends, one being Indian, and one being Mauritian. I will also use a fellow classmate who is male and part of the BME group, as this also is an important group to represent. I will also be a model in my adverts, bringing the white representation also into the advert. I specifically want to showcase all ethnicities, as Essex is an area with a lot of diversity, which it is well known for. I wanted to give a fair and truthful reflection of Essex's diverse cultures.
Model 1:
Age: 19
Reason chosen: Mixed heritage teenager, fitting in with the target market of the service, as well as representing the diverse ethnicities within Essex. Using her as a model for this advert gives a factual and fair representation of Essex.

Model 2:
Age:18
Reason chosen: mixed heritage teenager, looks like the typical trendy teenager. Because of her style, she fits in with the average teenage crowd. This also adds to the representation of Essex as a diverse area in England.

Props-
The predominant props I will use on my adverts will be food, takeaway boxes and bags. If there is too much going on in the adverts, it gets too cluttered and people lose interest. Therefore I want people to look mainly at the food bags and boxes, as that is what I am selling to the viewer. The average teenager only has a short attention span, therefore I want to gain it a quickly as possible and for as long as possible, with a eye catching, original, yet basic advert.


Costumes-
In my advert, I plan on using humour, but not so that it mocks Essex as a region. Therefore all my models will be dressed respectfully, and they will be dressed in the colours associated with Essex, as well as the target market groups. From the responses I received in the consumer research, I saw that people wanted to see the use of blues, reds, yellows, oranges, etc. Therefore I will incorporate these colours into the costumes for the adverts. I want to have my models dressed respectfully as I do want to break from some of the stereotypes of Essex people, especially the youth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment